Game Development Notes#
Wut is this#
These are my personal notes from the past 4 years that I'm transforming from our internal dev onboarding guide.
I'm aiming to process about one section a day since the conversion from onenote/evernote/confluence is lossy and needs a final human pass to clean up little niggles.
You can subscribe to the repo for updates
Site Build Instructions#
- Originally built with gatsby, migrating to mkdocs
- My notes related to the webdev of the site are in the gitrepo/docs folder
- Webdev is pita. I never use the live site anymore so ymmv; your best bet experience is cloning and opening locally
- I use and ✨ recommend ✨ obsidian; no affiliation, it's just free, fast, sparks joy with zero setup (just open the notes folder)
- foam or vscode are also great alternatives
- or for the lazy, vscode.dev//gamedevguide or github.dev//gamedevguide
Current Conversion Status#
Restarting of rationalizing all notes/guides into one place...
- export to obsidian
- clean and integrate
- Conversion scripts from onenote/trillium to custom central store
- Environment Setup
- Build Guide
- Source Control
- Editor Extensions
- Engine Programming